To support teachers and administrators with curriculum, instruction, and assessment to improve literacy performance across content areas in reading, writing, speaking and listening, and language for all students in preparing for citizenship, college and careers.
Canyons School District Principles for Student Achievement
- All CSD students and educators are part of ONE proactive educational system.
- Evidence based instruction and interventions are aligned with rigorous content standards.
- Data are used to guide instructional decisions, align curriculum horizontally and vertically, and allocate resources.
- CSD educators use instructionally relevant assessments that are reliable and valid, including screening/benchmarking, diagnostic, and progress monitoring.
- CSD educators make decisions based on student needs.
- Quality professional development supports effective instruction for ALL students.
- Leadership at all levels is vital.